- Manage the MDM and Data Services team based in AMER (US and Costa Rica)
- Responsible for defining, prioritizing, and overseeing delivery of the strategic MDM capabilities required by the business functions
- Provide thought leadership, pragmatic input, and high-level requirements in building the target state MDM capabilities to support SaaS, perpetual, SW, HW and other hybrid business models
- Lead the portfolio of projects – resource allocation, assess and plan for inter-dependencies, etc.
- Identify issues/risks, and build mitigation plans
- Work with portfolio management team to submit business case, to initiate new projects to improve Data Quality & MDM Capabilities
- Collaborate with IT to define solution approach, clear scope and outcomes, validation and roll-out strategy
- Bring “greenfield” thinking to improve Master data, and drive business consumption & adoption
- Drive Operational transformation & innovation – leverage Machine-Learning capabilities, RPA, automation, process revamp, etc.
- Create and maintain MDM and Data Services Delivery & Operational POR
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to analyze the current state and envisioned future state to formulate data management strategy, plan and approach
- Responsible for business process understanding of data consumption.
- Data Lifecycle management processes and procedures.
- Implement data management best practices, rolling out data governance, data quality and health scorecards
- Establish SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for data quality operations, support & services
- Measure ROI of data management & quality efforts.
- Build and up-level the team to drive customer centricity
- Coach, supports and trains other team members
- Effective Vendor engagement to build scalable staffing models for both Projects & Operations
- Create and maintain employee career development and progression plan
- 9+ years’ experience in Project Delivery or Business Consulting in MDM/Data Management domain
- 4+ years of experience in management/leadership role
- Good understanding of MDM technology platforms (SAP-MDG is a plus)
- Must have experience with Delivery processes and methodologies
- Proven track record of deploying best practices
- Conflict resolution and negotiations skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches and priorities involving others
- Should have exhibited accountability, ownership and decision-making capabilities
- Self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
- Must be a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to drive collaboration with executives, business and technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Experience on task prioritization, workload and escalation management
- Strong verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills, ability to work in teams
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment
- Good office software skills (Esp. Excel, Access, Visio, PPT) and familiarity with statistical packages and analysis technique
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.