- Thorough understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, including investor guidelines and regulatory updates.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of FNMA, FHLM, FHA and VA, and Investor lending policies, procedures, underwriting guidelines and requirements for packaging of loans.
- Analyze and interpret complex credit reports, income/asset verifications, collateral/appraisal/title reports and other documentation required to support a credit decision or closing package.
- Knowledge of the requirements to meet CFPB's Qualified Mortgage / Ability to repay standard, compliance reviews and risk analysis
- Minimum 2 years current mortgage underwriting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of lending process, including applicable federal and state law
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Able to multitask, problem solve proactively and think creatively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills: Microsoft word, excel, and Outlook