PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the company’s data protection technology and information systems and capabilities.
- Provide security requirements, design and architecture patterns including processes and tools to protect data across all platforms.
- Provide guidance and recommendations related to big data protection security architecture and lead proof of concept projects.
- Lead the development and guidance during data protection architecture design activities of new and existing products.
- Conduct architectural risk and impact assessments on new and existing applications/data stores.
- Research and evaluate proposed data protection and business solutions for adherence to documented company standards, policies and regulatory responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and Business Units to implement and support existing and future IoT security solutions.
- Determine data protection and database centric security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and identifying integration issues.
- Plan security systems by evaluating data protection technologies; developing requirements for all areas related to data protection and database security.
- Act as the subject matter expert with regards to strengths and weaknesses of the data protection systems and recommend improvements to both software and embedded hardware.
- Identify data protection security architecture capabilities and designing security architecture patterns to mitigate threats.
- Assess emerging data protection technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- CISSP, CREA, CEH, CPT, CEPT, CWAPT or other relevant security certifications and knowledge of ISO and NIST security standards preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Three to five (3-5+) years of experience in system security administration, controls or information management experience and/or Security Engineer/Architect/Consultant
- Five (5+) years of systems architecture experience
- In-depth understanding of IoT Azure solutions and security best practices/governance
- Wrangling the explosion data from the Internet of Things (IOT)
- Keeping your data secure with encryption, KMS, HSM, IAM, Cognito, STS, and more
- Experience with analytic solutions applied to the Marketing or Risk needs of enterprises
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 + years of IT platform implementation experience.
- End to end understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
- Familiarity with security industry standards (ISO 17799, ISO 27001/2, ISO 31000, NIST 800 series)
- Experienced with core data protection technologies and relational database management platforms
- Experience in defining and implementing data protection/database security and solid understanding of best practices
- Demonstrated ability of leading programs focused around security
- Influencing experience at senior levels within an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- systems architecture: 5 years (Required)
- system security administration,: 3 years (Required)
- IoT Azure solutions and security best practices/governance: 3 years (Required)