We are seeking a Senior Instructional Designer (Content Manager) to join our growing team in Rochester, NY.
The Senior Instructional Designer (Content Manager) will be responsible for providing mentorship and guidance to contract instructional designers (IDs) during the design/development process, reviewing course deliverables at milestones, attending all project-related meetings with internal and client teams, managing ID contractor resources, and collaborating with the Instructional Design team to determine project/resource recommendations.
In this role, you will…
- Coach contract IDs on application of, and adherence to, established instructional design criteria and Ardent processes
- Ensure learning deliverables adhere to Ardent and client-specific quality standards across all assigned projects/programs
- Use collaborative milestone reviews with contract ID to evaluate and provide feedback on course content/structure during the development process
- Supports the Project/Program Manager with the curation of the ID handoff document prior to project handoff
- Attend project-specific meetings with internal and client teams for all assigned projects/programs
- Participate in collaboration meetings with contract IDs and creative staff to support graphic/visual development
- Reviews individual course components (i.e., participant guides, WBTs, job aids, visuals) to ensure they meet the learning objectives; recommends necessary adjustments as needed
- Works directly with the client and contract ID as needed to design and develop courses that support learning needs
- Responsible for the nourishment and engagement of contract ID talent
- Collaborate with Project/Program Management and assigns ID talent assignments to assigned projects/programs
- Design and develop WBTs and ILT session deliverables as needed (engage projects/programs as an Instructional Designer
- Participates in needs analyses, audience analyses, and task analyses as needed
- Works in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, or other authoring tools as determined by the needs of our solution
- Other duties as assigned
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge of course development software (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, and other authoring tools) and at least one Learning Management System
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with various client contact types
- Capacity to flex to various contract talent and client needs to create/maintain relationships and achieve success
- Visual design aptitude and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Organizational Development or related field
- At least 5-7 years proven experience working in instructional design
- At least 5-7 years working with instructional technology such as (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, and other authoring tools)
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
We are not a typical learning company. Our team is truly passionate about changing lives. We want everything we do — our work, our conversations, our interactions — to be genuine, true, and unique. Our team strives to Elevate and Evolve in all that we do.
We’re always on the lookout for innovative, curious, and passionate people who can help us achieve our goals. So if you want to work for a friendly and growing company, we’d love to meet you!
What We Do
Ardent Learning helps our clients thrive in business by developing custom training solutions. We believe the most effective learning experience incorporates our client’s brand, culture, and values. Our team is tenacious in helping our clients and their people reach their goals and perform at the highest level.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Come as you are. Ardent Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Ardent embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please provide a comprehensive cover letter and resume.