Senior Research and Development Formulation Scientist is responsible for all aspects of product formulation, product/process development, scale up and commercialization of dietary supplement dosage forms. This role explores and conducts research in relevant technologies for product innovation and product/processes enhancement
- Develops robust formulations and processes for new immediate release and modified release tablet and capsule dosage forms and powder products.
- Develops formulations and processes to enhance functionality of existing products.
- Conduct scientific experiments to create prototype products.
- Scale-up and optimization of manufacturing process; execution of batches; scale up and technology transfer from R&D to production
- Plan and contribute to project-related scientific/technical activities (e.g., interpret results, critical assessment of data, draw relevant conclusions, and write reports).
- Interaction with raw material manufacturers and other vendors as needed.
- Work proactively with other cross-functional groups to execute change controls associated with Manufacturing and Packaging master records, SOPs and protocols.
- Research and review of raw material for pre-formulation assessment to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements
- Create and review applicable SOPs, as well as review appropriate documentation and test results for accuracy and completeness and compliance with SOPs/GMP requirement.
- Review and revise of batch records, process characterization reports, verification reports and investigation reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science or related science with minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in product development in food, nutraceutical or pharmaceutical industries.
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science or related science with minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization
- Project management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience with product/process development, processing laboratory techniques and regulatory requirements and a foundation in chemistry, mathematics, pharmaceutics and/or food science.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience with formulation and troubleshooting of tablets and capsule formulas in a production environment.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Piping Rock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.