The analyst will join a strong team providing analytical, advisory services related to mortgage servicing rights. A successful candidate will be comfortable with discounted cash flow modeling and directly managing clients. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with new challenges across all Phoenix business lines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and stratify large data sets related to client portfolios
- Perform residential mortgage servicing portfolio modeling and analysis
- Work directly with department’s clients during the valuation process, responding and managing requests and deliverables related to historical performance, portfolio characteristics, and any other value adds
- Run valuations and help maintain relationships for the department’s highest-profile clients
- Work in a high pressure, team-oriented environment with clear deadlines
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and seamlessly switch priorities as needed
- Contribute to various departmental projects, including tracking and analyzing industry benchmarks, model validation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Previous experience with residential mortgages, including mortgage servicing rights, strongly preferred
- Experience with discounted cash flow modeling preferred
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities and overall financial aptitude
- Strong technical skills, including advanced skills in Excel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills required
- Experience with data analysis, database management, Alteryx, and SQL preferred
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 5+ years of previous work experience
PHOENIX, the premier advisory firm for Trading, Mortgage Services, and Analytics, (in the Mortgage Banking/Financial Services sector) is excited to announce varied career opportunities for talented candidates across all business lines, including within its Sales and Client Management team for immediate hire. After more than two decades of industry leadership, PHOENIX has successfully managed over $800 billion in MSR transactions since 2013 and provided analytic solutions to a majority of the Top 20 banks and mortgage servicers. Diverse business-lines offer high-touch trading advisory and valuations/analytics for mortgage servicing rights and whole loans, in addition to mortgage servicing oversight/QC and loan-level due diligence. Our team members integrate a comprehensive understanding of tailored client objectives, accumulated market intelligence, policy insight, and unwavering customer service to forge deep and durable relationships across the industry. Experience the PHOENIX difference and explore opportunities with us today.
Phoenix offers a competitive salary, 401k plan, health, and dental insurance. Please visit us at www.phoenixtma.com.
Job Type: Full-time