Preferred Location: Tampa, Florida
Alternate Location: Nationwide for the right candidate
Southshore is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer with 8-15 years of experience with air and water quality compliance, air permitting, and other environmental services, with at least 5 years in the power generation sector. The preferred location for this position is Southshore’s Tampa office, but consideration will be given to any location for qualified candidates.
- Prepare air permit applications (e.g. PSD, Title V) and associated dispersion modeling.
- Conduct air quality analyses and emissions calculations.
- Evaluate best available air pollution control technologies.
- Prepare plans, permits, and reports for air quality, greenhouse gas, storm water, hazardous waste, EPCRA, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Perform and manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support Southshore management to effectively manage projects and actively pursue business development opportunities.
- B.S. in chemical/environmental engineering or related discipline.
- Professional Engineer certification preferred.
- Possess 8-15 years of related experience, with at least 5 years in the power generation industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop long-term client and/or industry relationships.
- Strong grasp of federal and state environmental regulations specific to the power generation sector.
- Availability to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Strong background in air permitting and dispersion modeling (e.g. PSD/Construction Permits, Title V/Operating Permits, AERMOD, CALPUFF)
- Experience with environmental reporting, procedures, and plans.
- Air quality reporting, SPCC Plans, waste management, EPCRA reporting
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office programs. Experience with other software systems, such as various CEMS DAHS, EPA Client Tool, e-GGRT, etc., is desired.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data, reports, and proposals.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Southshore is a rapidly growing EHS consulting firm that is always seeking hard-working, talented professionals to add to its team. If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment with a company that invests in its employees, then Southshore may be the place for you. Some of the many benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefit Packages
- Performance Bonuses
- Retirement Plan
- Substantial Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Work-Life Balance
- Training Opportunities
- Project Diversity
- Significant Career Growth Opportunities