NJOY is one of the largest independent vaping companies in the U.S. and a leader in the revolution against cigarettes. With a clear mission to Make Smoking History, NJOY offers a range of e-cigarettes and vaping devices for the millions of adult smokers looking for an alternative. NJOY is driven in its mission and commitment to improve the lives of adult smokers.
Under the supervision of an engineer, use math, science, and mechanical skills to assist engineers and scientists with creating and improving products. Mentor and lead Engineering and Quality technicians. Prioritize and assign tasks as required.
- Provide leadership of the engineering lab through communication of priorities and assignment of tasks.
- Design complex test fixtures and methods for unique, product specific applications.
- Work with external resources to fabricate prototypes, custom test fixtures, test equipment, and components.
- Investigate product failures through disassembly and characterization of subsystems and discreet components.
- Assist with the design of specialized test equipment and development of operating procedures.
- Write operating procedures and work instructions.
- Communicate test results and observations to engineering and quality team members.
- Operate test equipment to characterize products and conceptual designs.
- Create systems for documentation and maintenance of test results.
- Troubleshoot test equipment.
- Maintain test equipment and equipment log books.
- Maintain hand tools and keep the lab orderly.
- Maintain lab supplies.
- Mechanical aptitude and creativity required. Familiar with the use of hand tools, electrical test equipment, and mechanical test equipment.
- Ability to read and create mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Some knowledge of statistics and their application to product and process design and control.
- Organized and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Able to solve simple algebraic equations and perform unit conversions.
- Ability to work independently and within team environments.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel/Word/Power Point.
- Knowledge of CAD software is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or Associates degree in Engineering and 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- 5 – 7 years of experience with progressive responsibility in a similar role will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts