pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor’s 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission—to enhance Murata’s world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi’s product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi’s team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Engineering Technician is to ensure that the engineering lab is well maintained to support development and characterization testing across multiple product lines. As part of the Automation group, this position will support test system maintenance, managing inventory for laboratory supplies, and managing equipment calibration activities, all in a dynamic environment. In addition, this role will assist in the management and procurement of engineering lab equipment and supplies in support of custom test systems development. It requires the ability to work from written and verbal instructions to perform testing in support of characterization testing. The position will require the execution of proper equipment maintenance procedures to ensure ATE systems remain in specification for characterization data collection. The assigned projects will be diverse and complex in nature, requiring organization, initiative, and good judgment in determining appropriate solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Ensure laboratory readiness in support of all product development activities
- Manage test equipment calibration and repair services and schedules
- Perform setup, calibration, verification, and maintenance of automated test stations
- Manage inventory and acquisition of laboratory supplies
- Measurement data collection for products in development
- Help to create a highly efficient and productive lab environment
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accepting Direction: Accepts and follows directions from others; respects authority; complies with requests; does what they are asked to do
- Accepting Responsibility: Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Consistently performs routine maintenance and inspections to ensure machines, processes, or tools are functioning as expected; thoroughly follows test and maintenance procedures to resolve operating malfunctions
- Demonstrating Initiative: Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently or able to work with colleagues in resolving challenges.
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 3+ years related experience in a RF (preferred) product development laboratory environment
- Demonstrated RF (preferred) test and measurement skills
- Experience working with test and diagnostic equipment including, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, DMMs, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal generators
- Proficiency in understanding system level non-compliance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand block diagram schematics
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Enjoy hands-on work, have mechanical aptitude and have ability to solder
- A strong desire to support company goals and values
- An attitude of continuous personal and professional development
- Some familiarity with software programming: C,C++, C#, and NI LabVIEW
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office and lab equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30–50 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including “protected veterans” under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents: http://patents.psemi.com