GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering and environmental firm ranked #95 in the ENR top 500 (2019). We serve hundreds of government, energy, industry and institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
GEI, a privately held employee owned company, was founded nearly 50 years ago by five engineering pioneers. GEI now consists of over 800 employees in multiple offices throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our core solutions in water, energy, buildings, infrastructure and industrial. Our technical experts are some of the most innovative and leading subject matter experts in their respective fields. We continue to grow and expand in our solutions, expertise and geography to ensure we can continue providing valuable solutions to our clients.
Our culture is one where we encourage employees to respectfully and thoughtfully challenge current practices for continual improvement. We believe this constructive engagement helps us evolve in an ever-changing business environment and will strengthen our organization in the future. Our practices reflect our commitment to a collaborative teaming approach, encouraging diverse perspectives which lead to innovation and value added solutions that fuel our success. Our committed employees work hard for our clients and in support of one another. In return we invest in a culture with engaging learning and career development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, recognition, and the opportunity for some fun along the way.
GEI is seeking an Ecological Scientist in St. Louis, Missouri with 10 to 14 years experience to support our water resources planning and engineering practice in the Midwest. This position requires technical expertise and exceptional coordination skills. Daily responsibilities include technical work, project management, mentoring staff, business development, and client management. Functional responsibilities include planning, directing, and monitoring multi-disciplinary projects with various degrees of technical complexity. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage client relationships
- Environmental permitting, natural resources assessment, property development/management.
- Environmental, public involvement, and project management experience
- Environmental studies and documentation
- Familiar with federal and state environmental regulatory agencies including but not limited to: the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Illinois & Missouri Departments of Natural Resources, Illinois & Missouri State Historic Preservation Officers, Missouri Department of Conservation, and Illinois, Missouri, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agencies
- Familiar with Section 402 NPDES permits, Section 404 and 408 permits, and completion of Section 106/4(f) Reports and Programmatic Section 4(f) Reports
- Travel to project sites may be required, including overnight travel.
- B.S. in ecology, biology, geology, environmental or engineering related field
- 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible experience
- Well versed in wetlands management
- Knowledgeable of NPDES, NEPA, and other regulations that influence permitting
- GIS modeling experience
- Experience with floodplain permitting
- Knowledgeable in floodplain analyses
- Knowledgeable in erosion control practices and BMPs
- Construction engineering experience
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- Adept at Public outreach and stakeholder facilitation
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- 401K and GEI-Funded Profit Sharing
- And More…
Physical Job Requirements
Activity Level Throughout Workday
Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
Pinching/fine motor skills
Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Taste or smell (taste=never)
Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Airborne communicable diseases
Uneven surfaces or elevations
GEI is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer