IA Interior Architects is looking for talent!
We are actively searching for a full-time Senior Design Manager in the Dallas office. Our incredible team works diligently to work closely with our client to realize goals, ideas, brand and culture into powerful, engaging work environments. IA’s diverse, global client roster requires high-performance, inventive, visually compelling, adaptable and sustainable solutions that move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, and integrate ever-changing technology.
Our team members are creative-thinkers, experts, collaborative, passionate and professional. Joining our team requires equally passionate thought leaders, conceptual thinkers with a willingness to experiment, learn and teach our clients, consultants, and employees…all while having fun and a love of interiors.
This role assumes full responsibility for procuring, planning, coordinating/administering projects and working with the Managing Directors as a “seller-doer.” Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizes and conducts client interviews to determine technical and design requirements for the design. Produces, reviews and finalizes documentation for projects. Directs staff to complete design and technical drawing. Reviews design and technical drawing of other more junior designers. Review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution. Works with technical staff to resolve inconsistencies in drawings.
- Resarches and selects fixtures and finishes to use for projects. Obtains client approval and ensure integration into overall design.
- Produces, reviews and finalizes documentation for projects and coordinates project teams to ensure timely completion of documents.
- Extensive knowledge of detailing and finalizes details on projects. Works with design and technical teams to shape and understand the design concepts. Present and gains approval of concepts to the client.
- Develops and delivers overall design and furniture packages. Researches and selects fixtures and finishes to use for projects. Reviews and produces final cost estimates. Obtains client approval and ensures integration into overall design.
- In unusual circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys
- Establishes and ensures adherence to set budget. Immediately informs PM, Sr. PM or Project Director and/or client of any potential variances to the budget and makes appropriate modifications.
- Assign tasks, oversee work and provide feedback to staff assign to project. Develops skills of staff for future projects. May accomplish tasks by working with and/or directing efforts of other project managers.
- Manages overall client relationship from initial assessment of client needs, through design concept presentations and final delivery of project. Organizes and conducts client interviews to determine technical and design requirements for the design. Ensure positive relationships resulting in additional business or referred work.
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Participates in marketing strategy sessions and presentations. Participates in industry organizations to increase firm’s profile and develop marketing opportunities
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited architecture design;
- 8+ years of experience producing design projects.
- Licensure and/or accreditation in your discipline – AIA, NCARB, NCIDQ, LEED, Well, etc.
- Preference for Interior Architecture (Corporate) focus, but not required;
- A proven history of robust client relationship skills, leadership, and design/delivery management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of design principles and aesthetics
- Extensive knowledge of space planning methodology
- Extensive knowledge of furnishings and finishes
- Proficient with the concepts of furniture layout
- Expert sketching and rendering skills
- Expert interior architecture detailing skills
- Extensive knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Extensive knowledge of contract administration
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Advanced Revit skills
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Affinity Program skills or equivalent
- Extensive verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive presentation and graphic communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints
For the majority of the time the Project Manager will be working in our offices with some travel, depending on the client needs/requests. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform field verifications surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran