Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
As the Digital Forensic Lead, this individual reports to the Associate Director of ITRMS Forensics, leading and managing incidents escalated for forensic investigations team analysts. The Digital Forensic Analysts works with other team members in the CFC, the Global Security Group, ITRMS, HR, Legal, and other forensic analysts across the globe to preserve evidence, investigate incidents, perform root cause analysis, and report evidentiary findings.
- Respond in real time to incidents requiring forensic examination, evidence preservation, and investigation
- Provides input into cybersecurity policy regarding forensic methods and protocols
- Uses validated tools to capture, preserve, examine, and report on evidence
- Provides coverage for Tier 3 Cyber Incident Response support as needed
- Provides suggestions for remediation strategies during and after incident response
- Maintains detailed notes of incident timeline and investigative actions
- Creates and oversees forensic reports suitable for presentation in a court of law as needed
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Digital Forensic Science, Computer Science, Information Security, or Computer Information Systems and related experience including forensic Imaging, forensic analysis, Digital Forensic Incident Response (DFIR), and/or digital forensic examination/investigation
Required Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of current best practices involving digital forensic evidence handling techniques & protocols and investigative methods & tools
- 3+ years team leadership
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience
- Background in at least 1 of the following domains: Digital forensics, security engineering, networking protocols, data analytics
- Proven experience in digital forensic analysis and investigations
- Ability to define and narrow scope of digital investigations to produce relevant results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills and experience
- Ability to perform deep-dive investigations while maintaining focus on goals of the investigation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Familiarity with forensic investigation methodology for multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, etc.)
- Familiarity with APTs, exploits, intrusion detection & analysis
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.