SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Ft. Lauderdale, Florida as a Senior Cost Estimator
Supervise the production of project design estimates/schedules. Develop conceptual through final project cost estimates for all disciplines in all groups. Perform value engineering and constructability reviews. Provide support to clients in the research, review and analysis of construction claims.
- Develop and prepare cost estimates on construction projects in a multi-project environment. Be able to manage and present the results of the cost estimates in a usable format for stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline with ten years relevant experience; nine years’ experience required with Master’s degree; or twelve years’ experience in project control or cost analysis with an Associate’s Degree
- Good conceptual design skills and the ability to communicate ideas to management and clients both orally and in writing. Very high level of analytical ability is required. Must have cost estimating experience on vertical construction projects (school facilities experience preferred) and be able to manage others performing estimates.
- Certified Cost Engineer desired.
- Must be able to manage other estimators in a multi-project program environment.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.