L’Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L’Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, the Claims Substantiation Americas Organization has the critical responsibility for evaluating and validating product advertising claims across all forms of media for your favorite Brands!
As a Senior Analyst II…
- Evaluate and validate product claims for L’Oreal products, including claims-related launch responsibilities for domestic, regional and international brands collaborating closely with L’Oreal colleagues globally. Primary stakeholders will include the product development, product evaluation, regulatory, safety, marketing and legal teams, worldwide Claims and Country Scientific Directors.
- Act as Principal contact person in the claims review in assigned areas, from inception to launch and beyond.
- Perform legal and compliance review of advertising copy in all forms of media including but not limited to, television, digital media, packaging, print, public relations and other promotional materials.
- Review test reports, test designs and literature to determine if sufficient for claims support.
- Create claims dossiers and provide substantiation dossiers to authorities in the US and abroad as needed, includes attestations, television network substantiations and retailer substantiation requests.
- Apply and provide claims advice applying laws, regulations and guidance from Federal Trade Commission, Food & Drug Administration and National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau, case law and assists with defending challenges (litigation).
- Collaborate with international colleagues on Claims/Communications limitations in countries where products will be sold.
- Keep management informed of escalating issues. Assist management with formulating and implementing policy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors degree in science, required. Masters degree, preferred.
- Minimum of four years industry experience (cosmetics/personal care, pharmaceutical, food or products), including specific experience in claims substantiation, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the product claims regulations and U.S. compliance landscape
- Take an active leadership role with Marketing, Legal and within R&I to resolve disputes on claims.
- English fluency with multi-lingual skills a plus. i.e. Portuguese, French and/or Spanish.
- Legally eligibility to work in the U.S. on an on-going basis.
- Collaborative, strategic, excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to work in a cross-functional role and can interact effectively across a highly matrixed global organization.
- A strong communicator (oral, written, and interpersonal) and have the ability to identify and recommend solutions to problems.
- A strong negotiator
- Flexible and adaptable; with the ability to work in an exhilarating, fast-paced environment.
If you want to learn more about our commitment to Consumer Safety, take a look inside our products! https://inside-our-products.loreal.com/
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.