Do you have strong attention to detail? Are you an Excel wizard? Do you enjoy using your professional communications skills to work with clients and colleagues? Can you look for discrepancies and solve problems? Do you enjoy working as a team and managing multiple priorities?
ARAG is hiring a Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist! This person will work closely with finance leaders while conducting research and making decisions to resolve problems. The ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and analyzes audits of client accounts as needed to review proper premium application and client set up.
- Reconciles remittance details to membership records, as necessary, to understand payment discrepancies; works directly with client/broker/TPA for resolution.
- Contacts clients to resolve over/under payments as well as to obtain past due premiums.
- Interacts frequently with clients to obtain necessary supporting documentation and remittance files to properly apply premium payments.
- Responsible for managing the accounts receivable aging process/timeline.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year end accounts receivable processes including 5500 preparation.
- Prepares monthly manual invoices for clients when necessary.
- Posts premium as assigned.
- Performs analysis of the Company’s monthly premiums.
- Assist in preparation for external audits of the Company as assigned.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries.
- Represents the Finance team on implementation calls with new clients to ensure proper set up and answers client questions regarding premium remittance, as needed
- Serve as a cultural steward and positive role model by representing ARAG at Its Best.
- Other duties as requested.
- Knowledgeable of company products and services.
- General knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable.
- Understanding of general ledger accounts and how they relate to accounts receivable.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel, basic knowledge of pivot tables and vlookups
- Strong customer orientation including ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to identify trends and gaps and proactively solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with different personalities across all levels of the organization and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with interruptions.
- Ability to negotiate difficult conversations in a professional manner.
Education – Associate’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required; insurance experience a plus.
Experience – 2+ years’ experience in accounts receivable or accounting, required. Direct customer contact, service, or collections, preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Associations, etc. – None required.
Physical – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.