Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk
We are seeking an experienced, senior-level accounts receivable clerk to work with a great team in a fast-paced, professional environment. This individual will support a portfolio of major, high-volume customers. They will apply each day’s payments against hundreds of invoice lines, verify discounts taken, and initiate and manage payment disputes. They will work closely with the sales and customer teams to resolve billing or payment problems that arise. The ideal candidate will be able to work both individually and in a team environment, have impeccable attention-to-detail, strong communication skills, and ability to train and encourage team members.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing customer payments against invoices. This includes posting, comparing, computing, and reconciling a variety of charges and credit entries including those of a complex and difficult nature in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyzing and verifying account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and customers.
- Responding to questions and telephone inquiries regarding invoices, discounts and payments in a courteous and professional manner.
- Sending customers statements and past due notifications. Collecting on past due business accounts.
- Working with shipping carriers to resolve shipping issues. File shipping carrier and customer claims
- Accurately analyzing ledgers, studying the interrelationships of various ledger accounts, and making recommendations for changes in practices and procedures.
- Training and providing guidance to lower level accounting clerks, who then perform competently.
- Collecting, analyzing, and entering information for reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- High School Diploma plus two-years of college accounting courses
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in bookkeeping, banking operations, or accounting clerical work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping and/or banking principles, methods and procedures.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Seasoned judgment and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Able to operate 10-key to make rapid and accurate calculations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- NetSuite experience a plus, but not required
Comprehensive benefits include generously subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as life insurance, dependent care spending accounts, a generous 401k match, pet insurance, Flex PTO, education reimbursement. Additional perks include complimentary vending machines, massage therapy, endless amounts of food, weekly gifts, Calm App, Music, and ClassPass subscriptions, company and individual team building activities and fun! Also, a very flexible working environment.
About the Company
Walker Edison Furniture is a market-leading, e-commerce drop ship business in the home furnishings realm with an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction every step of the way! Our brand and designs represent our desire to break away from the standard mold and help our customers "Live Outside The Box." This is an exciting time to join our expanding operations. We are an established business with huge future potential. Come join our team and be a part of a fun and growing company where we “Work Outside the Box”!
Walker Edison is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.