YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Senior Accountant at AdventHealth Tampa, FL
Location Address: 3100 E Fletcher Ave, Tampa, FL 33613
You Will Be Responsible For:
- The Senior Accountant routinely analyzes, compiles and summarizes data using deductive reasoning skills in response to the needs of the AVP/Controller, Chief Financial Officers and finance leaders (from each campus), AHS Corporate leaders, consultants, and external auditors (financial/governmental).
- The Senior Accountant prepares accurate general ledger accounting entries and reconciliations for both Net Revenue and Expense accounts and assists with the valuation of net revenue for multiple hospital A/R systems (including Star, Siemens, and Lawson), physician A/R (NextGen), and home health A/R (Horizon).
- The Senior Accountant follows AHS corporate standard methodologies to record and support net revenue and expense entries such that the CAO receives favorable scorecard results when reviewed periodically by AHS Corporate including internal audit, cash management, and reimbursement reviews.
- The Senior Accountant works collaboratively with Adventist Health System Corporate departments, the patient financial services staff, and other departments in the multihospital accounting office to meet governmental filing requirements including (but not limited to) filing the Medicare cost reports, Medicaid cost reports, the AHCA annual reports, and the IRS 990 annual reports for each facility.
- This position also supports financial audits and governmental audits/desk reviews associated with the filed cost reports.
- The Senior Accountant proactively partners with the management to continuously improve processes in a fast paced environment with many important projects running concurrently.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting (depending on relevant work experience may be Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Accounting, Finance or Business Management)
- At least five (5) years progressive experience in corporate general accounting services including financial statement closing responsibilities.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)- Preferred
- At least seven (7) years’ progressive experience in a hospital finance/accounting office interacting directly with senior executives. – Preferred
The financial services for the Florida Hospital West Florida Region facilities are centralized for the region within the Central Accounting Office (CAO); thus, the Senior Accountant performs separate functions for as many as six (6) different hospitals as well as a large employed physician group (Florida Hospital Physician Group). Service Level Agreements between the CAO and the Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) of each hospital define the scope of services performed and the performance expectations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.