Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing – affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term – is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn’t stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground’s programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness – especially those who have been on the streets the longest – to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
The Senior Accountant will manage the fiscal activities of a portfolio of government contracts and provide accurate and timely government contract related financial information. This includes adherence and compliance with government contracts fiscal guidelines and regulations as well as Breaking Ground policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation and submission of assigned contract billings and related financial reports.
- Assists in contract renewals and registrations and ensures proper documentation of all materials related to government contracts
- Assists the Director of Government Contracts and Controller in the annual audits (e.g. CFR, SEFA, and funder audits)
- Assists in the preparation and submission of government contract annual budgets, budget modifications, advance requests, new need requests and any other requests related to government contracts.
- Ensures contract cost allocations match approved budgets and communicates allocation variances with the Director of Government Contacts and Controller
- Prepares monthly financial reports and analysis needed for monthly meetings
- Provides various financial analysis as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all reporting requirements of BG funding agencies and contracts
- 3 to 5 years in accounting and government contracts management.
- Knowledge in government contract billing for Federal, State, and City agencies including DHS, DOHMH, HASA, HUD, OMH.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- CPA (Preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel