One Hope United, a nonprofit, is currently seeking a Senior Accountant who will assist in Financial Analysis. The Senior Accountant will work under the guidance of, and assist the Controller in preparing financial and operating reports; applies principles of accounting and statistical analysis in order to prepare and maintain general accounting systems; prepares financial analysis as required.
- Monitors and works to improve accounting procedures, internal controls, and database management;
- Represents agency on fiscal and accounting matters with outside parties such as auditors and vendors;
- Works closely with private and governmental auditors throughout the year to verify and justify reported income and expenses;
- Works with Offshore GL team to ensure fixed assets recorded accurately;
- Directs the Offshore AR team and reviews entries for accuracy;
- Works directly with the Fund Development team to reconcile Raiser’s Edge to the General Ledger;
- Creates and maintains training material for operations staff to report financial transactions to Finance;
- Oversees and assists with the administration of OHU Credit Cards, SSRS, Enterprise Fleet Management, and Concur;
- Calculates imputed income quarterly on company fleet along with the personal use of vehicle deduction on a monthly basis;
- Performs monthly internal audits of OHU Credit Card transactions and travel expense vouchers;
- Monitors unearned income for all lines of service and reports to management;
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls and finance policies;
- Performs reconciliations and analysis;
- Research and resolve inquiries from both internal and external staff
BA degree in Accounting or equivalent training/experience
5-7 years of experience in Accounting or related areas preferred
1. Firm grasp on established principles, theories, concepts, and practices and able to apply them to a variety of accounting functions
2. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
3. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
4. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common state and federal statutes, financial reports, and legal documents
5. Ability to effectively present information to top management, state staff, public groups, and/or boards of directors
6. Proficient computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and adaptive skills to expand software application skills as necessary.
7. Advanced proficiency in Excel.
8. Familiarity with accounting systems and reporting functions.
9. Ability to exercise discretion and ensure confidentiality.
10. Experience with Great Plains use preferred
ONE HOPE UNITED VALUES
Do the Right Thing | We serve the best interest of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
Fully Contribute | We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
Empower One Another | We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect
Turn Hope into Action | We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
Seek Impact Every Day | We make things happen, and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
Always Keep Improving | We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.
We Invest in You!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Generous vacation and PTO plans
- Health, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, Agency paid life and LTD, supplemental life insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities on site-based Center Management Teams
A Different Kind Of Employer – One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency– strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. One Hope United participates in e Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday