Journal entries, financial reporting, supporting/analyzing complex accounting issues, experience in similar sized organizations (no mom and pop shops).
1. Responsible for the analysis of monthly financial results.
2. Prepares and reviews periodic financial statements on a consolidated basis.
3. Responsible for specialized accounting areas within Corporate financial reporting (such as derivative accounting, Basel reporting, equity based compensation).
4. Assists in the preparation, completion, and documentation of all relevant SEC and other regulatory reporting.
5. Responsible for the setup and accounting for complex multi-tier investment entities.
6. Acts as a key contact for various internal and external partners with the ability to communicate succinctly and interpret financial results in non-technical accounting terms to business leaders.
7. Recommend and implements process improvements identified in day to day work.
8. Perform various analyses to assess the impact of financial strategies on the financial position and operating results of the organization.
9. Research and resolves complex accounting transactions and reporting issues, where some expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
10. Work with various internal and external partners on cross-function processes or projects providing analytical and procedurally represent the team.
11. May work closely with senior management on due diligence needed for acquisitions of companies or portfolios.
12. Develop in-depth knowledge of all financial reporting systems and demonstrate the ability and desire to share knowledge in the form of training to lower level staff.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting is required. MBA or other advanced degree a plus. CPA certification strongly preferred.
- Thorough business and technical accounting knowledge, acquired through 4-6 years of corporate or industry experience.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills in preparing financial reports
- Ability to research, resolve and communicate complex accounting or reporting issues as they arise is a requirement
- Ability to complete complex accounting and analytical activities and projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines by multi-tasking and prioritizing various assigned deliverables.
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in leading or champion new corporate initiatives.
- Experience in regulatory and statutory financial reporting with a large organization.
- Experience with close process in a complex legal entity setting.
- Experience with PeopleSoft GL, Hyperion Finance Management (Trintech Certification a plus).
- Attention to detail and solid documentation techniques.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Financial Reporting: 4 years (Required)
- accounting: 6 years (Required)