- Process month and year-end closing of the accounting records including preparation of assigned journal entries and audit schedules for multiple corporations. Reconcile and analyze assigned general ledger accounts. Review assigned journal entries, reconciliations and audit schedules prepared by junior and staff accountants.
- Assist with monthly financial statement review, including the preparation and review of support schedules and variance analysis files.
- Develop and implement a streamlined balance sheet review process for the Hospital and Clinics. Research potential systems, evaluate current methodology and current and future business needs to recommend updates to the Controller.
- Support the Assistant Controller in the review of the annual 1096 and 1099 filings.
- Support the annual preparation and review of Form 990 for all applicable entities.
- Support the Controller in the review of new accounting pronouncements and the adoption of new standards.
- Assist in the review and posting of batches from subsidiary modules and external systems and resolve bad accounts numbers or out of balance batches as appropriate. Add new GL accounts as needed.
- Maintain the General Ledger Dictionaries. This includes adding or inactivating departments, revenue, deductions, expense, and statistic codes for all corporations.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of the Medicare Cost Report including wage index information and occupational mix surveys. Coordinate gathering of information from other departments as needed. Incorporate any new CMS regulations or changes into the report. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of filings and maximize reimbursement.
- Lead process improvement projects within the Accounting department as assigned. Review current processes with appropriate members of the department and staff outside of department as needed. Coordinate the development and implementation of revised processes. Test revised processes and train staff as needed.
- Provide back up support to the Physician Compensation Analyst in the review of new physician contracts and computation of compensation based on RVU production. Review physician production, performance, and incentive payments and provide pro-formas as assigned.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred. CPA preferred.
- Five years accounting experience required. Healthcare experience required. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication, and the ability to function both independently and as a team player. Detail oriented focus with solid problem solving ability and strong organizational skills required to handle multiple projects. Strong computer skills required. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer