Geosyntec is seeking an experienced Senior CAD Operator / Technician (Civil 3D) to support project needs in the Kennesaw, Georgia office. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience developing layouts, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, surfaces, points, and details for civil engineering projects, including landfills, dams, industrial sites, and utilities. Projects also include mechanical drawing systems and opportunities to contribute from the conceptual design stage through construction.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Drafting, editing, and finalizing design plans and details using appropriate and efficient methods and adhering to Geosyntec drafting standards;
- Understanding and visualizing overall civil/geotechnical engineering concepts, such as grading, and translating abstract concepts to design drawings;
- Analyzing sketches, notes and other input material to determine best approach to complete a drawing set;
- Managing the production of drawing sets from creation, markup and modification based on overall design; and
- Working collaboratively with other Geosyntec CADD practitioners to prepare design drawings and details and reviewing completed work products to ensure quality.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School diploma or GED. (required)
- Associate s or Bachelors degree. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of full-time experience performing CADD design work; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the prerequisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job. (required)
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D (release 2015 or above). (required)
- Experience developing and working with grading plans, cross-sections, alignments, profiles, three-dimensional surfaces, and earthwork volumes for landfills and other large civil design projects. (required)
- Experience using/incorporating land or aerial surveying/mapping data and files. (required) Experience with stormwater management design. (preferred)
- Experience with ArcGIS and MicroStation. (preferred)
- Strong reasoning, mathematical, and geometrical skills. (required)
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO02509