YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Security Manager – AdventHealth – Orlando
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time – Monday – Friday with flexibility as needed.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Manages Security operations, parking and traffic enforcement for a Hospital campus within the AdventHealth System.
- Interfaces directly with administration, physicians, employees, contractors and customers in a manner which reflects AdventHealth’s purpose and Core Values.
- Continuously monitors and ensures that Security Operations are evaluated and compliant with AdventHealth Security Department Policies, Procedures, Licensing, and the Physical Environment Security Management System requirements as outlined by regulatory agencies.
- Assists with budget preparation, analyzes financial statements, and takes necessary actions to control and reduce costs. Ensures adequate supplies are available and within budget constraints for assigned areas.
- Hires, coaches, and terminates staff; remains objective when dealing with personnel issues; seeks input and provides consistent and timely feedback; remains accessible and visible to staff; communicates consistently with staff; coordinates and ensures team compliance for security educational standards and development programs; schedules and maintains Security coverage.
- Manages sensitive security records, databases, and reporting documents, and oversees monitoring of electronic access control, intrusion detection, and fire systems.
What You Will Need:
- Five years of supervisory experience in security, the military, or law enforcement with emphasis on customer contact, OR,
- Five years of experience working in AdventHealth Security in either the Training or Investigations divisions, AND,
- Associate degree with course work in security, law enforcement, or an equivalent program, AND,
- Two years of experience in Incident Command System (ICS) or Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) emergency management administration
- International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Certified Healthcare Security Supervisor (CHSS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- State of Florida Class E driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field (psychology, sociology, criminal justice, security, law enforcement, etc…)
- Previous experience working in healthcare security, law enforcement, military, or emergency management
- Two years of continuous employment at AdventHealth as a Security Site Supervisor, Security Supervisor or Security Assistant Supervisor
- Experience as a Certified Trainer or Instructor in the field of security, law enforcement, military, or emergency management
- Criminal investigative experience
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), and/or Professional Certified Investigator (PCI)
- IAHSS Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA)
- AVADE (Awareness, Vigilance, Avoidance, Defense, Escape De-Escalation) certification
- MOAB International – Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
- Personal Safety Training, Inc. – Handcuffing, or equitable national certification
- Personal Safety Training, Inc. – Pepper Spray, or equitable national certification
- Personal Safety Training, Inc. – Baton, or equitable national certification
- TASER International – Conducted Electrical Weapon
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.