High Level Summary
EQ by Equiniti is seeking a qualified Corporate Actions Specialist to support the Private Mergers and Acquisitions business, to join our team in Mendota Heights, MN. The selected candidate will provide support to external and internal customers in a variety of areas, including relationship management, operations and customer service. This position will be responsible for supporting the newly formed Private Mergers and Acquisitions team within EQ. This position plays a crucial role in maintaining important relationships with our clients, structuring a highly functional operational group as well as being an integral part of solidifying the future growth of EQ.
Additional responsibilities include: • Processing transactions & resolving complex customer issues that are associated with the corporate actions process, ensuring shares and cash are in balance, balancing corporate action bank accounts and verifying accuracy of the transactions processed. • Performs a variety of operational tasks for complex securities or cash related transactions that require extensive knowledge of unit functions and systems • Differentiating, processing, and reconciling transactions; researching inquiries; resolving customer complaints; reviewing time sensitive and/or complex documents; creating or revising departmental procedures • Coordinates situations involving multiple departments. • May provide department level reporting using multiple sources. • May provide training or work direction to junior level staff. Provides back-up to other desks. • May have extensive customer contact; works under minimal supervision
- Handles the corporate action events including cash and/or share exchanges, election offers as well as stock splits and stock dividends for the Private Mergers and Acquisitions team
- Responsible for successful processing of the corporate action from set-up through completion of the deal
- Receive Letters of Transmittal and review of accuracy and completeness, work with Relationship Managers, Client Service Consultants and client to correct any deficiencies in documentation
- Duties may include transaction processing, wiring payments to shareholders, resolving complex customer issues that are associated with the corporate actions process, ensuring shares and cash are in balance, balancing corporate action bank accounts and verifying accuracy of the transactions processed.
- Will be responsible for maintaining a high level of accuracy despite complex transactions and periods of high volumes
- Manage and resolve email inquiries from clients, relationship managers and other operational teams in a timely manner
- Will be required gain a thorough understanding of all requirements associated with corporate action processing activities and the interrelated functions of other departments that are involved in the process
- Will be required to work an extremely flexible schedule, which may include overtime, during periods of high volume and when handling time sensitive payments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, operations, financial services, business processing, or call center
- Proven success in customer-focused settings with the ability to balance needs of clients and operational requirements
Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Must be able to work an extremely flexible schedule, which may include overtime, during periods of high volume and when handling time sensitive payments.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to comprehend complex operational processes and their interrelationship
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Provides timely follow-up, response and resolution communications
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Strong time management, organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, with demonstrated capability in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to effectively read, write and speak English
- May require the need to travel to other locations
- Financial Services and/or securities industry experience preferred
- Experience with IRIS and Sunstar preferred
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Who is Equiniti? EQ, formerly known as Wells Fargo Shareowner Services, was recently acquired by Equiniti Group plc, a UK-based transfer agent and share plans business listed on the London Stock Exchange [EQN.L]. Equiniti delivers solutions, administration support and digital services to many of the largest organizations in the UK.
Together, EQ and Equiniti have a global organization, serving 23 million shareholders covering 15% of the NYSE and 50% of the FTSE 100. All offers for employment with are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
EQ by Equiniti will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
When we say we’ll do something, people know we’ll do it properly.
- Listen, take time and really care about getting things right
- Be accountable, make amends, learn and move on
- Deliver: on timer, every time
- Use your sharp eye for detail to create great service and solutions for customers.
We’re constantly engineering new ways to do things, with our clients and each other
- Test and develop new ideas
- Protect time to be creative
- Always explore fresh ways to do things and embrace change
- Put common purpose first: we move quicker together
We Keep Things Real
We’re grounded, supportive and open. We invest in our relationships.
- Communicate openly and behave with integrity. Swap corporate language for real
- Challenge the complicated and promote simplicity
- Support and connect with communities around us
- What you do matters. Show pride
We play our part and pull together when it matters.
- Think as one global team, empowered and stronger together.
- We all have unique voice and it is listened to
- Know your role and how you contribute
- Lead by example and create ways for everyone to grow