- Prepares food items according to standardized recipes.
- Serves and prepares food items and prepares short order items
- Ensures acceptability of product presentation based upon established Quality management procedures.
- Portions food products according to established portion control guidelines.
- Monitors food usage and anticipates "run outs" during the meal services.
- Keeps Chef informed of food usage trends and selections.
- Cleans respective work area. Maintains a high standard of sanitary practices in food preparation.
- Adheres to NSLIJSH Food Service policies and procedures and Joint Commission and DOH regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs related duties, as required
- ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Graduate of a vocational high school (major in food preparation), preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience including three (3) years as a Special Order Cook to ensure an excellent working knowledge of cooking and food preparation equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions.