The successful candidate for 2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will work closely with the Golf Course Superintendent and 1st Assistant Golf Course Superintendent to assist with crew management, fertilizer and spray applications, irrigation management, and other daily tasks of golf course maintenance.
- Assist in the planning and supervising of the maintenance of greens, tees, fairways and roughs; schedules work and supervises the employees and the use of equipment.
- The operation of all equipment and instruction for other operators on the use and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Leadership of labor crews tasked with special projects.
- Completes daily golf course set-up, including pin and tee locations.
- Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Monitors all turf grass areas for drought and waters appropriately.
- Performs routine safety inspection on all application equipment.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas.
- Snow removal in the parking lot, around clubhouse and maintenance facility, entrance and road to pump house.
- A minimum of two years’ golf course experience; one year of experience as an Assistant Superintendent is preferred.
- Must hold a turf certificate, A.S. or B.S. in turf grass management or related field.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to learn and a desire to advance in the golf industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
Early hours, lifting heavy objects, working in all environmental conditions. Must work weekends, holidays, long hours on feet, long hours of manual labor.