The Dispatch Center Operators are responsible for a variety of tasks including dispatching emergency and non-emergency calls, logging downtime and department activity, computing park attendance information, answering park phone lines, issuing keys, radios, and badges, as well as other duties. The Operator must be able to answer multiple phone lines and monitor and dispatch information on all park radio channels.
- Following proper operating procedures.
- Managing all park radio channels.
- Dispatching park personnel to various calls.
- Answering multiple phone lines.
- Maintaining a professional environment by enforcing strict radio policies.
- Logging ride downtime and security activity into appropriate databases.
- Completing hourly attendance tracking.
- Dispatching emergency situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Ensuring Guest First Standards are followed and enforced.
- Assist at bag check as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a clear understanding of Windows based software including Word, Excel, GroupWise, and Access.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive Guest First Orientation and enjoy working with people.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be able to respond immediately and adapt to all emergency situations.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time. Applicants must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds and able to operate a motor vehicle.