Scrum Master II – Information Management
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn’t just a part of our business, it’s what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Work with a team committed to excellence!
Help bring Information Management operations into the future!
Facilitate squads developing state of the art technology!
Lead the way to make Operations and Maintenance fun!
As a Scrum Master on the GRM US Information Management (IM) team, you’ll be part of an agile squad focused on providing Secure, Stable, Reliable systems for a large Enterprise Data Warehouse user base. Our team focuses on breaking stable and reliability barriers and an providing an exemplary user experience. The goal is to meet the exact needs of the customer, without fuss or bother leveraging Agile practices and techniques. We also strive for simplicity and elegance that produce products that are a joy to use.The Scrum Master will be responsible for planning, coaching the team on agile best practices, team cohesion, managing logistical challenges, removing impediments, and helping the team to be successful. The Scrum Master must collaborate with Product Owners, other scrum masters, the team, technologists, architects, and other teams to define and drive solutions.
In this role you will:
- Work in an environment focused on Infrastructure, Operations, and System Engineering
- Coordinate with highly matrixed teams across Liberty’s extensive shared service teams
- Oversee scrum process and coaches’ team on how best to use scrum and Agile practices.
- Manage interdependencies between agile teams.
- May lead more than one scrum team; moderate to high complexity projects.
- Facilitate daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement.
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, leadership visibility, appropriate prioritization, and to keep working backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Experience in an Operations and Infrastructure environment
- Basic understanding of platform design and architecture
- Generally, 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles, frameworks and concepts (especially Scrum, Kanban)
- General knowledge of scaled agile (SAFe, LeSS)
- Knowledge in one or more BI/Analytic tool such as SAS, Microstrategy, PowerBi, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills. Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Proactive, consistently demonstrates initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps
- Strong knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
Benefits & Culture:
In GRM, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
https://LMI.co/Benefitshttp://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-Culture EOE Statement:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: