NexImmune is an early stage biotech company developing unique products that harness the power of the natural immune system to treat cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated individuals to join an entrepreneurial team of experienced professionals dedicated to science, patients and addressing diseases with significant unmet need. We are a company with an uncompromising commitment to shared values, a strong work ethic, respect for individuals, and a healthy work/life balance. We are a company that sets clear expectations, empowers people to succeed, and rewards results
The Scientist/Sr. Scientist in Cell Biology/Immunotherapy will act as a scientific contributor for the Preclinical Immunotherapy Department developing and optimizing a new clinical approach to adoptive T cell therapy, based upon NexImmune’s proprietary artificial Antigen Presenting Cell (aAPC) technologies. The candidate will assist in the generation and phenotypical and functional characterization of antigen-specific T cells. Laboratory skills, notebook recording/maintenance, and writing of reports in acceptable scientific format(s) are important.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- T cell cloning
- Assay development and validation
- Isolation and expansion of Antigen-specific T cells
- FACS analysis and sorting
- Perform Cytokine and killing assays
- Perform ELISA and protein assays.
- Order supplies and reagents, maintain inventory records.
- Write reports, protocols and SOPs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Life science (Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemistry or related field)
- Experience in Immunology and T cell biology
- Experience working in mammalian cell culture, sterile techniques.
- Experience with FACS
- Experience ELISA and other plate reader assays
- Experience performing and analyzing RT-PCR experiments.
- Experience with HPLC, FPLC
- Experience with animal (mouse) models
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and independently minded.
- Positive interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of levels and function.
- Self-organizer, meticulous hands-on habits, keen attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Responsive, can-do attitude.
- Can coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demands.
- Ability to interpret and effectively execute upon a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
Job Type: Full-time
- Gaithersburg, MD (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19