Provides scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific's sample preparation products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Partners with sales reps in the field to deliver sample preparation pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. Acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
What will you do?
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific workflow including Service contracts.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of real-time PCR and digital PCR applications/workflows.
- Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
Requires a BA or BS in Biology, MicroBiology, BioChemistry or related scientific field. Masters or PhD strongly preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of laboratory or related work experience.
- Hands-on experience of real-time PCR on market-leading platforms is essential. 1+ year of working with Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instruments preferred.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical. Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Capable of working independently. Is self-motivated and proactive.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Typically works remotely from home office.
- Travel may range from 50% to 75%.
- Responsible to effectively manage schedule and negotiate scheduling conflicts
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Most duties are performed at field locations which may require walking within customer facilities, standing while giving presentations or conducting meetings and sitting to complete reports and sales calls.
- Demonstrations may require moving equipment and manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Significant experience in a marketing role/product management, life sciences preferred