Scientist, Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
CODA Biotherapeutics (www.codabiotherapeutics.com) is an early-stage venture-backed biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California. Our chemogenetics platform aims to treat neurological indications through modulation of specific target cell activity utilizing engineered ligand gated ion-channels delivered via gene therapy. The engineered ligand-gated ion channels are designed to interact with defined small molecule therapeutics and act as a switch to activate or inactivate specific neuronal populations as a means for treating neurological diseases.
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Scientist: Bioinformatics & Computational Biology. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in applying data science techniques to one-of-a-kind biological datasets in pursuit of new therapies for patients. We invite applications both from dry-lab scientists and from wet-lab scientists with substantial quantitative experience.
- Develop and maintain end-to-end software pipelines for acquiring, warehousing, modeling, and visualizing data from a diverse array of biological assays including: flow cytometry, IHC imaging, intracellular and extracellular electrophysiology, imaging via genetically-encoded sensors, and behavioral assays
- Analyze, model, and interpret data in collaboration with wet scientists
- Provide guidance on experiment/assay design
- Build and maintain cloud infrastructure for data pipelines and storage
- Create documentation and implement best practices for reproducible research
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in computational biology, bioinformatics, neuroscience, biophysics, protein biochemistry, or another relevant field
- Proficiency in scientific programming (Python experience strongly preferred)
- Experience applying statistical modeling and machine learning to biological data
- Experience with data-engineering tools e.g. SQL, Docker, cloud-computing resources (AWS preferred)
- Domain knowledge in any of the following areas: image analysis, epilepsy, neuropathic pain, chemogenetics, ion channels & electrophysiology, gene therapy, QSAR modeling of protein-ligand interactions
- Independent thinker who is willing and able to quickly learn new skills and tools
- Meticulous & detail-oriented; committed to reproducible science and software practices
- Embraces the lean start-up mentality and never says or enjoys hearing “that’s not my job”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: commensurate with role and experience
CODA Biotherapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, generous paid time off and much more.