HOURS: This is a school year position, working for 10 months and paid over 12 months. (Pay is prorated.) 7:30-4:30 weekdays, following the school year calendar.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: Organization and efficiency around scheduling school meetings, good communication skills between inpatient and outpatient treatment areas of hospital and the patient’s school, be able to speak to the skills patient has learned, EPIC awareness and knowledge and recognition of importance of working in a team and related communication.
Serves as the liaison between adolescent providers within Linden Oaks and the student’s community school. Incumbent requires a broad knowledge of adolescent mental health, Linden Oaks adolescent services, and the mental health code in order to communicate effectively with students and parents as well the administrative and teaching staffs of the assigned community school districts. Under minimal supervision, provides direct consultation to schools and outside agencies, coordinates students’ return to school, and provides consultations on a variety of mental health issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education, Experience and/or Skills Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above in Social Work, Education or a recognized mental health field
- Ability to maintain information that is highly confidential
- Ability to clearly summarize pertinent clinical information verbally and via written correspondence and medical records documentation
- Ability to demonstrate self-control in volatile or hostile situations
- The ability to maintain professional boundaries with patients and willingness to seek supervision
Education, Experience and/or Skills Preferred:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Education or a recognized mental health field
- A minimum of three years experience in a professional role in an education or behavioral health setting
- Knowledge of developmental psychology, disease pathology and clinical needs of assigned population
- CPR certification within 60 days of employment
- CPI certification required within 90 days of employment
- A valid driver’s license is required if the incumbent is selected to perform related duties at an off site location. If the incumbent uses their personal vehicle, the incumbent must maintain automobile liability coverage as required by law and evidence of such coverage may be requested.