Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a flexible, collaborative and mission-driven School Culture Aide to join our Elementary School team at our Windsor Terrace campus!
This is an ideal position for someone with experience providing direct services to youth and who is excited about supporting academic success and personal growth in an elementary school setting .
Prospect Schools is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning. Find more about who we are and what we believe by checking out our Prospector Principles.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Care: Support others by grounding every action in empathy while championing equity and inclusion in our work
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
About the Role:
As a School Culture Assistant, you will enjoy the following responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Director of School Culture, , support students and teachers in creating calm and productive learning spaces marked by mutual respect
- Work collaboratively with a team to nurture a positive and inclusive school climate where all incidents of bullying, bias, and harassment are effectively responded to
- Help students to be successful in meeting school policies by providing clear expectations, modeling positive behaviors, and following intervention practices when needed
- Supervise common spaces to create a strong and positive culture outside of the classroom, including calm and joyful cafeteria and recess environments
- Serve as a point person for students needs, referring incidents and issues to the appropriate team members
- Attending and participating in events outside of normal school hours, and performing such other duties as the school may reasonably assign from time to time
- Assisting with the coordination of whole school events, assessments and celebrations
- Liaising with families to create strong school/family partnerships
- Supporting school-wide efforts to ensure that student attendance is above 95% for each month, reduce chronic absenteeism and support student on-time arrival to class and school
- Regularly lead small social emotional learning groups with students.
- Manages weekly contributions to our Social Media page(s).
- Collecting, tracking, and reporting accurate school culture, attendance, and safety data.
- Collaborate with team members across departments to complete school based projects & events.
**The critical features of this role are described above, but not all encompassing.
Education and Training
- At least two years experience with youth in schools or in a nonprofit organization that serves youth and families
- Professional writing skills and confidence with professionally managing a high volume of email and phone communications;
- Experience with google calendar, documents, forms, slideshows, and sheets;
- Effective practices for personal organization and time management in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to uphold high expectations for students with a calm and caring demeanor.
- Demonstrated success working with children;
- Passion for education, confidence to lead in a challenging situation, and belief that all children can learn;
- Strong cultural competence and an understanding of the nuances of urban school environments;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively analyze and solve problems, communicate with a range of stakeholders in oral and written form, manage conflict and respond flexibly to changing dynamics;
- Command respect by example in appearance, manners, behavior and language.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full medical benefits, 401(k)
- Full time, year-round position with paid vacation time