SCADA/ADMS Systems and Database Specialist
**This job is eligible for relocation assistance
Colorado Springs Utilities is looking for a highly skilled SCADA/ADMS (Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition/ Advanced Distribution Management System) Database Specialist to provide system support for water, gas, and electric operations. The primary responsibility of this job will be maintaining the data integrity, reliability, compliance and security of the SCADA and ADMS/OMS systems.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Plan, design, program, document, and maintain OSI Monarch EMS/SCADA system
- Plan, design, program, document, and maintain OSI Electra ADMS system
- Train System Operators, Engineering, and Field Support personnel in the use of applications associated with the EMS/ADMS/SCADA systems; to ensure network models are up-to-date and the training simulator is functional
- Develop custom EMS/SCADA displays that enhance the System Operators situational awareness
- Maintain compliance with NERC CIP and reliability standards
Why should you apply? If you have demonstrated experience with SCADA or energy operations, have managed complex IT infrastructure, and are familiar with the principals of NERC CIP security and compliance, we want to hear from you! This position will provide you the opportunity to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across organizational boundaries to manage, prioritize and execute critical projects and assignments.
What will it take to be successful in this position? The ideal candidate will come with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field, and 2 years of experience with Open Systems International (OSI) EMS/SCADA/ADMS systems. Also, experience with NERC CIP compliance, basic knowledge of C/C++, SQL, Bash shell, Windows batch and expertise in one or more of the following systems: Windows active directory, Windows Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Oracle Database 12c, Tripwire Enterprise, Tripwire Log Center and Cisco networking.
Highly desired skills:
- Advanced level knowledge in SCADA/EMS (Energy management System) applications; including power system modeling, state estimation, contingency analysis, power flow, short term load forecast (STLF), load shed and others
- Advanced level knowledge of ADMS applications; including OMS (Outage Management System), VOLT/VAR optimization, Fault Location Isolation Service Restoration (FLISR), Switch Order Management (SOM), Distribution Training Simulator (DTS), and others
- Implementation of new ADMS/OMS system
**A monthly, week-long on-call rotation will be a required aspect of this position. Must be able to work extended periods of time to provide operational readiness of the EMS/SCADA system.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
- As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community.
- We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies.
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community!
Colorado Springs Utilities offers a comprehensive benefits program to help you and your family protect your health and financial security.
Voluntary Wellness Program
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Colorado PERA Pension
Retirement Saving Programs
PERA Roth 401(k)
ICMA Roth IRA
ICMA 457 Roth
Employee Assistance Program
Long-Term Care Insurance
- Colorado Springs Utilities is considered an essential business delivering critical services to our community. During the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are hiring for a variety of positions. Interviews for many positions will leverage remote technology solutions, including the enhanced use of email, telephone, and video solutions where possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
- All postings will close at 11:59 pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
- Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
- Colorado Springs Utilities does not sponsor work visas of any kind (including but not limited to F-1, H-1B, or TN visas). Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Our differences make us richer. Learning and growing from one another makes us more than what we were. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our business and recognize the limitless benefits of this commitment. Our desire is to have the organization reflect the diversity of the Pikes Peak Region. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is our commitment that no person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
For more information regarding applicant rights, visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Have a question? If you have a question about a position or need assistance from a recruiter, email us at [email protected] or call 719-668-7500.
Accessibility Accommodations. If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at [email protected] or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/. If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.
Job Type: Information Technology