Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday.
Join us and you’ll play a key role in managing data about the physicians and specialists who are part of our provider networks. This role will put you on a team of incredibly talented technology and business professionals. You’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
Get ready for some significant challenges. You’ll work on technical projects that require you to perform as a consultant; supporting implementation, loading contracts and troubleshooting non – standard automation piece.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Help manage provider data and maintain and improve databases
- Reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses
- Help develop / maintain standards for database integrity and quality assurance
- Coordinate corrective activities to clean database and retain users
- Manage communication processes with other departments regarding database improvements
- Assist in audits and data quality improvement initiatives
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 2+ years of claims / provider data experience
- Customer service experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, copy, save spreadsheets, etc.)
- Proficiency in tracking, trending and reporting on metrics
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft PowerPoint (Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save spreadsheets, documents and presentations)
- Medical coding experience
- Proficiency with medical terminology
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We’re partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, VACCN, Network, Data, Specialist, Technology, Reporting, Consulting