SBA Relationship Manager
Since first opening in 1984, The Bank of Tampa has focused on serving Tampa Bay professionals and owner-managed businesses, which has given us an insight into our community that other banks simply cannot match. Our lenders and their teammates use their deep understanding of the area to help our clients establish professional, cultural and social ties that benefit their businesses, their families, and themselves. We are committed to providing the highest level of banking services while nurturing a strong and lasting professional relationship that contributes to our client’s success. Personalized service to our clients and our community is what we are all about.
The Bank of Tampa is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We differentiate our Brand from large financial institutions by the special relationships we build between our Bankers and our Clients. What sets our Bankers apart from others is the value we bring in consulting to our clients on their individual financial objectives. Our commitment shows in our professional, team-oriented office environment that encourages both personal and professional growth for our staff and in the pride we take in recognizing our clients, knowing their name, and appreciating their individuality.
The goal of the SBA Relationship Manager is to identify, market, and sell SBA Products to the small business marketplace. The job will plan, develop and price all products, enhance marketing materials and package any new products or services so they may be effectively underwritten. There is also responsibility to analyze competition and market share statistics to assist in developing marketing strategies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Business development activities to include working independently to develop and solicit new business from prospective and some present clients to increase revenue base and overall profitability.
- Makes calls independently and may accompany more experienced lenders on prospects, clients, internal referral sources and external referral sources to assure service requirements are met and new business opportunities are realized.
- Develops broader knowledge base of commercial and other company products and services, including loan policy and documentation.
- Develop continual dialogue and close working relationships with other bank officers, members of the bar, certified public and municipal accountants, financial advisors, underwriters and governmental officials.
- Review, enhance and modify marketing materials as needed to remain current and competitive in the Small Business marketplace.
- Develop commercial banking relationship with prospects
- Cross-sell deposit, trade, cash management, foreign exchange, private banking, asset management, and other services
- Work with credit analyst in reviewing existing credits
- Communicates credit decisions to prospects and Customers as directed and negotiates specific terms and conditions for loans within parameters defined by credit decisions
- Ensures Customers adhere to loan covenants, maintains current Customer risk ratings and makes appropriate comments in Customer credit files to ensure information remains current.
“This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.”
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years related experience
- Sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of commercial banking practices, including credit analysis.
- Working knowledge of SBA SOP.
- Attentive to client relationship development
- Prospecting skills
- Credit skill involvement with all levels of staff and vendors
Attributes for Success
- Self-motivated with action and results delivery orientation; demonstrated initiative and accountability by willingness to assume additional duties other than assigned
- Portrays Strong interpersonal skills, projecting an approachable demeanour
- Consult, facilitate and build relationships in order to foster partnership, collaboration & teamwork across all levels of the organization
- Works independently and with others to identify issues and develop solutions
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written/ verbal communication (listening, confidence, professionalism, persuasion) with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Is resourceful and flexible with regard to shifting priorities, new demands and challenge
Preserve and enhance our culture in which the values of honesty, integrity, confidentiality, trust and respect are the underlying principles by which we work
Make a meaningful difference in our community through our service and financial support
Maintain a safe and sound institution that operates in conformity with the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and to maintain open and forthright communication with our regulators
You will have the opportunity to participate, subject to the terms and conditions of the respective plans, in a comprehensive package of benefit plans – from medical, life, disability, and other insurance programs to savings and retirement plans and an array of work/life effectiveness policies and programs. As a highlight:
- Eligibility for health, dental, life and disability insurance coverages begins 1st of the month after hire.
- Retirement Plan – 401k with matching
- ESOP- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Time away from work – vacation time, sick time and holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
THE BANK OF TAMPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE E-VERIFY EMPLOYER