SAP MES Business Analyst
Columbus, OH (CAN START REMOTE)
Contract- Long Term
The contractor can be remote but needs to be somewhat accessible to travel to our plant locations- Midwest ideal or near major airline hub- not west coast
Job Description: –
seeking an experienced Manufacturing Execution IT Business Analyst. The BA will be accountable for utilizing leading ERP implementation practices and software development lifecycle principles to design, configure / develop, test and deploy an integrated ERP solution with SAP S/4 Hana Single Tenant Edition (STE) at the core. The BA will work with an ERP system integration partner team (which will consist of Manufacturing Execution process experts) as well as a Supply Chain IT Solution Owner and Manufacturing Execution Business Process Lead to fully define and standardize the end to end Supply Chain business processes for the company. The BA will provide expertise in all aspects of shop floor manufacturing Execution modules as well as integration points with Finance, Procurement, Plant Maintenance, Order Management, and Warehouse Management.
The collective teams will define all functional requirements for the Manufacturing Execution cycle, and build a fully integrated, end-to-end business solution, for all existing plants (i.e. both dressing and dough-based plants) as well as future plants that may be acquired or constructed by the company.
- Work collaboratively with various parties, including business representatives, to guide the ERP project. Leverage prior experience with full-lifecycle ERP implementations to identify and mitigate risks to on-time, on-budget delivery of the project.
- Effectively communicate issues, decisions reached, and/or the status of the project.
- Leverage ERP and Functional Manufacturing expertise to develop and define the requirements for the Supply Chain process, including:
- Shop Floor Management and Reporting
- Manufacturing integration with ERP systems
- Batch controls and processing
- Full lifecycle lot traceability
- Management of raw, pack, semi-finished and Finished Goods
- Leverage functional SAP PP, and MES expertise to drive a fit to standard business process solution and ensure that the total cost of ownership and benefits of identified gaps are documented and approved by project leadership.
- Ensure optimal utilization of technology solutions including system integration best practices, with proper consideration given to “cost vs. benefits.”
- Build an understanding of the current state system landscape in order to define the future state system landscape both during interim states and once fully deployed.
- Impart SAP PP and MES expertise to other employees through over the shoulder learning, system demonstrations, and coordinated knowledge sharing sessions.
- Act as a “translator” between business resources and more technical systems integrator resources to ensure understanding and alignment during design. Where assigned, write configuration designs and/or functional specifications for WRICEF objects.
- Plan, monitor and control the quality aspects of configuration and development progress versus plan.
- Plan, manage and participate in system unit test, integration test, user acceptance testing, and other formal and information test activities to test both happy path and non-happy path test scenarios.
- Organize end to end scenarios for test cycle simulations, which will include the interfaces to and from legacy systems.
- Conduct formal reviews of systems integrator deliverables.
- Maintain close collaboration and relationships with the business, the systems integration partner, and the enterprise IT team.
- Embrace and comply with solution governance and methodology.
- 3-5 Years of Hands-on MES configuration and functional design expertise, SAP S/4 Hana experience a plus
- Strong understanding of Manufacturing business process flows and SAP process design
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical solutions and vice versa
- Demonstrated 1 or more ERP/MES implementations leveraging SAP and/or MES expertise
- Food and Beverage industry experience a plus
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong analytical and interpersonal/communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated expertise in modeling and documenting business processes (i.e. As-Is, To-Be)
- Ability to understand process flows
- Ability to take complex situations and simplify to deliver efficient and optimal business outcomes
- Ability to look at alternatives and make recommendations
- Ability to be open to change; strong listening skills
- Ability to take a long-term perspective, yet understand the “devil in the details”
- Ability to participate in team discussions, provide input and evaluate decisions in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and organize effectively to meet users' expectations while working as part of a larger team
- Great organization and time management skills with the desire to complete projects on time
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, SQL, Outlook and PowerPoint
Contract length: 06 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $70.00 – $75.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Functional Manufacturing Experience : 5 years (Required)
- SAP Business Analyst: 8 years (Required)
- Bill of Material and Production Execution : 3 years (Required)
- Plant MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems): 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process