Responsible for performing a variety of sales support activities and general office functions in supporting the Sales group.
1. Provide timely and accurate responses to external customers. Resolve general account issues.
2. Input data into processing systems to ensure work deliverables are free of errors and all relevant and complete information is included in final output.
3. Perform sales support duties, including but not limited to: direct inquiries to appropriate Sales staff, analyze new and/or renewal submission request for completeness, enter data in sales system from source documents, follow up with Brokers/Producers/TPAs for missing information.
4. Support and interact with multiple departments to ensure proper distribution and implementation of paperwork, binder checks, and maintains the daily activities/updates in applicable system.
5. Obtain and process paperwork by thoroughly checking for missing information on the group application, enrollment applications and any additional documents needed before account can be installed or paperwork can be sent to underwriting.
6. Perform general office duties that may include: document management, ordering supplies, processing invoices, opening and distributing mail, making travel arrangements, assisting with facilities management.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- H.S. Diploma
- 3-5 years of related, progressive experience.
- Insurance industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Yes, occasional travel may occur one to two times per year.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.