Alternate Locations: Phoenix, AZ (Arizona)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As Sales Support Specialist, you will perform and deliver on routine and non-routine assignments for your assigned area(s) of responsibility independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. You will be responsible for processing quotes and pre-qualification of new business. This position aligns to support specific regions and provides support to sales and administrative functions across the business, as needed.
- Calculates and formats census data for input into the Quote Engine System.
- Communicates and obtains from brokers any needed information such as rate verification, experience, census and other missing materials.
- Communicates and provides a diverse range of information to brokers and clients on LFG service model, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with multiple business areas demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness to deliver on customer needs.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of product information and guidelines to support brokers with general questions.
- Follows up and confers with internal stakeholders to support marketing representatives.
- Prequalifies potential new business by reviewing and entering information on appropriate system and reviewing underwriting guidelines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Processes increasingly complex quotes and provides brokers with proposals after applying appropriate quoting parameters, pricing and discounting in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Provides additional support as needed with the sales office and across the enterprise.
- Provides customer service at every touchpoint when greeting and interacting with internal and external customers in person, email and via the telephone in a professional courteous and helpful manner.
- Reviews request for quotes and other pertinent materials submitted by brokers for completeness and accuracy.
Education & Experience
- 2 – 3 Years Experience working in a sales or customer service environment. (Required)
- High School or GED (Minimum Required)
“There is no Certification or Licensure Listed”
- Travel Type : Regional Domestic
- Travel Amount : up to 10%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Underwriter, Sales Support, Sales, Insurance