Experience in water treatment with boilers, cooling towers, and closed loop systems is required. Compensation is dependent on your experience.
Jaytech Water management solutions, a regional and very stable professional firm based in Minneapolis MN, is seeking candidates for their business-to-business (B2B) Technical Account Manager position in the highly competitive Minneapolis area. Jaytech sells its top of the line, custom chemical engineered solutions, to corporate, industrial, and institutional customers at competitive pricing to technical end users. The technical account manager is responsible for finding and closing sales. Our products typically represent 1-5% of our buyer’s annual budget and run on a 3-6 month sales cycle. The person in this position will be responsible to market products to both existing (50% of the time) and new customers (50%) The account manager will be responsible to prepare and deliver proposal presentations (to a single decision maker or group), work with clients to identify needs, answer questions, and resolve any concerns. This person would also collaborate with fellow team members in defining objectives, working towards company sales goals, and adhere to strong service standard by conducting quality checks and follow-up visits with clients. Technical account managers are under medium loads of pressure and are expected to meet all goals and deadlines under low levels of direct supervision. Compensation is a split of salary and commission.
College graduate (All majors considered, but Science/Business is preferred) with an interest in sales and marketing. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Competitive spirit and an aptitude to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Be technically competent and maintain a current knowledge in water treatment chemicals and technologies.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals. (Using the standard Jaytech protocol)
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special development, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Provide regularly scheduled service to support the sales effort.
- Arrange for or provide labor to support the water treatment solutions implemented.
- Follow-up for collection of payment.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients and may require occasional overnight travel
Job Type: Full-time
- Water Treatment: 2 years (Required)
- sales: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Typical deal size: