About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Respiratory – Patients and caregivers around the world rely on Teleflex and the Hudson RCI® brand of respiratory products to make breathing easier. Guided by the voice of the clinician, Teleflex strives to advance patient care by focusing on improving patient outcomes while delivering caregiver efficiency. By incorporating the needs of the caregiver into every product we develop, our goal is to advance patient safety and, ultimately, achieve the best patient outcome possible. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
This position manages a medical device sales territory for Teleflex’s Respiratory business, which includes accounts in an assigned geographical area (OR, WA, ID, MT, AK, WY). The ideal home base location is Portland or Seattle. The incumbent in this position implements sales plans to achieve sales goals and objectives through the development of multi-level relationships within hospitals, intensive care and respiratory care centers. This position achieves sales goals through interface with clinicians – particularly respiratory care therapists, anesthesia providers, registered nurses, and clinical members of the ICU or post-operative staff, as well as hospital administration and procurement teams. Reporting to a Regional Sales Manager, this role ensures the maximization of territory sales, profitability, and future business opportunities.
- Facilitate sales growth by conducting respiratory therapist, physician, nurse, technologist and account in-servicing
- Present in-house and on-call technical support for sales team and customers (physicians, nurses etc.)
- Negotiate and conduct periodic reviews on humidifier agreements with the goal of securing and growing our business with our established customers.
- Develop relationships with key members of supply chain, distribution and GPO liaisons to help speed up the sales cycle and uncover competitive threats.
- Educate customers on products, procedures, and industry trends
- Develop Key opinion leaders
- Stay up to date with product and competitor research to remain on the forefront of medical device technology in the Respiratory market
- May assist with national conventions and attend local, regional and/or national scientific tradeshows and educational meetings to promote products and in-service customers
- Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Conduct, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years sales experience, ideally in medical device selling to hospital, ICU, post-operative suites and clinics. In absence of medical device sales experience, transferable skills could include independently and successfully selling a broad base of medical capital equipment, or technical products, B-2-B, and/or financial or complex services to a professional client base in a broad geography.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate success in prior sales positions with quota achievement and territory administration
- Strategic planning mindset and skills
- Medical industry knowledge, acumen and competitor knowledge
- Strong customer focus and service skills
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle with satisfactory driving records
- Must be able to carry detail bag weighing up to 20 pounds, lift equipment weighing up to 30 pounds, and stand and walk in numerous hospitals/meetings for 6-10 hours per day, up to five days per week.
- Must be willing and able to comply with vendor credentialing requirements to access customer accounts.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically up to 50%
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.