The Sales Manager will develop a sales force focused on repeat customer and referrals. They follow-through with their customers, and they build successful customer relationships. Coach, train and develop each sales team member toward achieving their goals while ensuring overall company sales goals and objectives are attained. Lead the entire sales team toward increased effectiveness through performance measurement while also ensuring each Sales Associate/Product Specialist is in alignment with the company’s mission statement and principles. Set benchmarks and reach them in the following areas: Written Sales, Close Ratio, Average Sale per Customer, Traffic Projected, Fabric Protection, Extended warranties, Staffing Levels.
- Ensure the sales functions support the company’s mission and values.
- Manage selling activities to maximize sales performance, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Help in recruiting and selecting customer-driven and service-minded Sales Associates.
- Schedule, train, motivate and develop selling staff to reach their fullest potential and maximize business opportunities.
- Create a positive work environment resulting in low turnover of staff.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Develop awareness and strictly enforce policies, procedures, and standards.
- Utilize reporting tools to build sales and quality controls.
- Work closely with Sales Associate team members to effectively service our customer and meet required team sales goals.
- Set the example for great service to our customers. They are always given the attention that they deserve and require.
- Train employees on computer system.
- Train sales associates on accessories.
- Ongoing developmental training of sales associates in customer to client skills. Sales Associates support the company selling system. Perform monthly one-on-one coaching sessions with each Sales Associate.
- Ensure all Sales Team Members achieve customer satisfaction through the professional consulting to customers and helping them achieve the home environment that they desire. They listen closely, assist in turning their needs to wants, and then create clients from customers
- Control all customer-owned merchandise so that it is repaired and returned to customer promptly. Merchandise is not lost or damaged further.
- Responsible to open and close the store as well as make daily bank deposits.
- Serve as the checkpoint for processed sales. Ensure all paperwork is neat, complete and accurate. There are no cancellations, service, or delivery issues from improper processing of orders. All sales orders are reviewed at the end of each day. Mistakes are corrected and addressed with the Sales Associate. Disciplinary action is taken for repeat errors. Incorrectly processed sales are not paid commissions.
- Close out sales and post cash.
- Maintain company security and monitor the alarms.
- Authorize and approve all price adjustments, cancellations, and refunds as necessary. Create guidelines in this area.
- Work closely with Store Manager/Merchandiser to manage and control inventory of clearance, damaged, and showroom product.
- Make certain the showroom floor is “picture perfect” at all times and our merchandise presentation exceeds customer expectations. The floor is always displayed to company standards.
- Work with Store Manager/Merchandiser to oversee the tagging of all merchandise and ensure they are accurate.
- Ensure merchandise removed from the floor is immediately replaced so there are never holes on the Showroom floor.
- Communicate the nail down list to the sales team as needed. The appropriate merchandise is locked to the floor.
- Communicate with the sales team reasons merchandising decisions were made. Train associates on how to interactively use merchandise produced.
- Coordinate with the Store Manager/Merchandiser in the supervision of touching up and repairing floor samples.
- Recommend accessories for advertising.
- Maintain the floor display with the original plan.
- Work with Merchandiser to organize, maintain, and price the clearance center in an effort to continuously move discontinued and damaged merchandise through the system. The clearance center should be kept just as perfect as the Showroom floor.
- Assist with the tagging and placement of accessories. Appropriate assistance is afforded to the Visual Merchandiser, as time allows.
- Facilitate in producing and/or ordering store signs and tags.
- Help pull and prepare transfer merchandise and place on the floor.
- Participate as needed to resolve customer service issues.
- Help sales associates with individual customers as needed. Associates have confidence in your ability to assist them with any step in the sales process.
- Take overflow customers and maintain personal sales
- Ensure that traffic is counted accurately. Audit traffic counting practices and verify advertising effectiveness.
- Collect UPS Logs daily, and see to it that traffic count information is accurate. All sales associates complete their Daily Sales Worksheets before leaving.
- Acquire necessary education. Attend training sessions, etc., for new products or to improve abilities as required.
- Work to develop your own performance.
- Develop professional working relationships with all company employees.
- Participate in the taking of physical inventories.
- Whatever you need to do to enhance overall operations.
- Scheduled to work a minimum of 40 hours per week including Saturdays and/or Sundays; the number of hours worked will increase during holidays or blackout periods, for vacation coverage, or for other business needs.
- Scheduled for two days off each week, except during holidays or blackout periods.
- Regular attendance at the assigned store in accordance with these schedule expectations is an essential function of the job and all job functions are performed at designated job location.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast pace environment that reflect the business needs of the company.
- Strong ability to get results through others by effective goal setting and performance measurement.
- Strong leadership, coaching, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to empower and develop a team and hold them accountable
- Ability to build solid work relationships and teamwork throughout an organization
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point), and the ability to easily learn Ashley’s internal computer systems
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off