The Sales Clerk will provide customer service and will be involved with sales, merchandising, pricing, maintenance, display, and related paperwork, which includes using a cash register.
- Provide customer service and assistance which includes the proper use of a cash
register in order to verify all monetary transactions.
- Assist with store and window displays and other promotional activities.
- Assist in the training and supervision of trainees assigned to the store.
- Develop working knowledge and adhere to all store policies and procedures, including but not limited to, opening and closing, pricing, markdowns, accurate and timely completion of required paperwork, etc.
- Maintain store premises and merchandise in a clean safe, and organized fashion.
- Maintain store safety/security and safeguard premises and merchandise at all times.
- Receive and check incoming merchandise shipments and assist in maintaining adequate stock levels.
- Price merchandise and rotate stock as instructed by the Store Manager in accordance with pricing policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.
- Capable of moving up and down stairs/ladders without difficulty.
- Capable of prolonged standing.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image of Hagerstown Goodwill.
- Good math skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible for schedule changes as business needs dictate.
- Ability to learn and follow HGI’s policies and procedures, as well as attend required training.
- Ability to relate to and have an understanding of the needs of people with disabling and disadvantaging conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One year retail experience preferred.