We are now looking for an experienced Sales Associate to enhance the effectiveness of Sales executives by providing information management support in a fast-paced working environment while making high-level administrative and procedural decisions and judgments. This position is located in our Houston, TX office.
The responsibilities will include:
- Maintain customer pricing including new, expiring and contract prices
- Assist with follow up on sales leads to potential new customers to identify the correct customer contacts and get initial information.
- Field urgent customer requests, working directly with customers to supply them with needed documents, shipment information, scheduling, etc.
- Perform a wide variety of executive-level documentation assignments, including entering data and drafting, editing, and revising presentations, reports, print correspondence and other material
- Perform as internal process champion (including SAP) to help shape SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to align with sales team needs
- Perform a variety of mid-level administrative tasks to support sales executives
- Plan, coordinate and manage budget for group meetings as required
- Research and facilitate needed information between sales group and other functional groups as required
- Handle assigned house accounts
- Train personnel as needed on various software or business tools
- Facilitate communication efforts between sales and other areas of the business and external customers
What we offer:
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Attractive benefits package
- A multicultural and positive working environment
What you need:
- Four year college degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales and/or sales administration desired
- Experience with business management systems, especially SAP
- Superior computer skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Capacity to provide executive level support to assigned management
- Excellent communication and human relations skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Travel required, up to 10%, by auto and air
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation no later than November 18, 2019 via MyKem (internal candidates) or kemira.com/careers (external candidates) .
For more information, please contact Dan Detter, Director, Oil Field Chemicals, by email at [email protected]
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Sales, Research