*SALISBURY HOUSE FOUNDATION
Director of Sales & Events
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Are you an experienced, energetic, motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented, creative, and hardworking sales professional who loves a challenge? Do you thrive on the fast-paced activity of pursuing leads and closing sales? Are you a high energy leader who can roll up your sleeves and get in front of potential opportunities, while developing and managing all sales and event functions?
The role of Director of Sales & Events (DSE) is responsible for venue sales and oversight of all events held at Salisbury House & Gardens. The DSE provides leadership and management to advance the private rental and sales efforts as well as oversees the success of public events of Salisbury House Foundation (SHF). Responsible for identifying new business, communication with clients, booking and executing events for SHF, both private and public. Meets private and public event sales and attendance goals directly related to the strategic plan. Other duties include developing a departmental strategic plan, generating new business, effectively communicating with current and prospective clients, planning and managing events, managing department staff and vendors, collaborating effectively with other departments and staff to always present the venue in the best possible light. The DSE focuses on building external relationships as well as provides an exceptional level of customer service to both colleagues and clients alike.
Private Rental Sales Prospects, markets, sells, coordinates and executes private events/rentals for Salisbury House Foundation (SHF) from initial engagement to execution and follow-up. Private Events/Rentals include, but are not limited to bridal, corporate, nonprofit, bus tours, banking groups, photography and videography sessions, and other social events.
- Solicits and promotes the private events business through proactive sales activities, relationship development and networking with new prospects, current customers and businesses/corporations to achieve bookings;
- Develops, maintains and prospects a target list of accounts and communicates updates to Executive Director;
- Conducts pre-and post-event meetings when agreeable with client;
- Partners with third party meeting planners, tour groups and organizations to generate additional leads and bookings;
- Builds relationships with local businesses, vendors and organizations and is an active member in local industry associations;
- Builds relationships with competitors in like roles to keep apprised of trends in the market and industry;
- Conducts tours of the property and facilities for prospects;
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales goals including predetermined revenue and sales activity;
- Provides prompt and accurate responses to all client requests for proposals and information.
Public Events Management Responsible for the planning and execution of quality public programs for audiences of all ages, backgrounds and ability levels. The DSE works collaboratively with staff, committees, volunteers, media, and the community at large. Oversees the Public Event Manager to deliver successful public programming and events.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for Public Program events with approval from the Executive Director;
- Lends expertise to all SHF events and programs as necessary;
- Facilitates development and engagement of ad-hoc event committee members;
- Works with staff to provide comprehensive written evaluation/recap of each event; thank you letters, sponsorship reports and the like;
- Develops sponsorship levels and benefits for all public events;
- Manages stewardship of all event sponsors;
- Assists Executive Director in recruitment of event sponsorships.
Other Related Activities and Accountability
Works collaboratively and in a cost-effective fashion within a small, collaborative organizational structure that requires all staff members to be flexible, responsive, and willing to assist with day-to-day SHF operations and guest relations.
- Oversees the marketing of Private and Public Events and works with Marketing to plan and execute all marketing details related to public programs/events;
- Supervises, directs and coordinates the activities of all event staff, vendors, volunteers, clients and successfully execute all aspects of events on the scheduled day/s;
- Maintains an accurate calendar of all private and public events to be available to all staff for planning and reviews with appropriate timelines and benchmarks;
- Provides post-event analysis including financials, recaps for event manuals and staff/customer feedback to incorporate intel into future events;
- Participates in quarterly/annual business and marketing plans, assists with budgeting process;
- Demonstrates decorum and professional behavior at all times when working with the public, volunteers, and fellow employees;
- Provide staff support for all major SHF public programs, client-related and special events, including weekend and evening events;
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2 -3 years of successful sales experience. Experience in a non-profit and/or event management is a plus. Qualified candidates will also bring the following skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business, communications or other closely-related fields;
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress;
- Two years + of proven track record of sales performance;
- High-energy and outgoing personality;
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong technical literacy, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with customers, fellow employees and other community leaders;
- Strong creativity, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Must possess a passion for providing high quality service and commitment to exceeding expectations;
- Ability to work at various times, as required, including weekend and evenings;
- Comfortable giving presentations to a variety of community stakeholders and funders;
- Experience developing, understanding and managing departmental budgets;
- Must have transportation and valid driver’s license.
TO APPLY Please submit your resume and letter of interest to email listed. Position closing date is February 22, 2019. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts