The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and updating of required safety programs put in place by the Corporate EHS Steering Team. Delegate training of all production and office staff for core safety topics put in place by the Corporate EHS Steering Team and maintaining site specific safety items. Reporting and accounting for all site specific safety findings and reporting findings internally and to the Corporate EHS Steering Team.
- Must be an active member of the Corporate EHS Steering Team.
- Lead local plant EHS Steering Team, share findings with local plant as well as Corporate EHS Steering Team.
- Coordinating and leading Safety Meetings for production, maintenance and office staff on a monthly basis.
- Reviews plant safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Collaborate with EHS Steering Team and plan out bimonthly core safety topics for safety meeting presentations.
- Head up incident reporting program for local plant. Meetings with Supervisors and/or Operations Managers in the event of an Injury or findings of an incident reporting that is deemed hazardous to employee’s health and wellbeing; including but not limited to investigations and corrective actions.
- Monitoring and updating Safety communication screen and boards.
- Conducting periodic safety audits of all departments including communicating and logging any issues that need to be addressed.
- Implement controls where needed to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Intake of all completed Safety Observation Forms, including tracking of issues and follow up on issues to ensure action is taken.
- Identifying, evaluating, and eliminating potentially hazardous conditions.
- Ensuring employees are following work restrictions as warranted.
- Identifies plant safety training needs and works with Training Coordinator to develop and coordinate safety training programs.
- Ensure all OSHA required training is completed on an annual basis.
- Maintaining the “Safety Slip” safety incentive program.
- Lead safety orientation and walk through for all new hires during the onboarding process.
- Coordinate third party Plant Safety Audits.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Reviews process-operating procedures/records and provides input for safety and health considerations.
- Advises plant staff of regulatory changes with which the plant must comply.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently
- Must have effective communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to employee safety issues, investigations and company processes.
- Ability to gather and evaluate data, identify trends and solutions.
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts