About Team and Tech:
At Team and Tech, we help Fight for Veteran Benefits every day. Are you in the business of changing people’s lives? Do you want to help Veterans achieve the disability benefits they have rightfully earned? If so, we want you to join our team at Team and Tech. Our mission is to improve the lives of Veterans by providing expert medical consulting services to optimize their disability benefits. We need passionate, dedicated team members to assist in improving the quality of life for our Veterans.
Our mission is to provide 5-star operational, administrative and technical support to OUR veterans through accurate, timely and caring services.
We are looking for a Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who follows OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention, so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
Required Education & Experience:
- BSc/BA in safety management, business or relevant field is preferred
- Occupational Health and Safety Certification
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Experience as safety officer.
- Knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to present and explain health and safety topics.