You're a Safety professional with a background in Heavy Civil and Mining Operations, who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor’s safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor’s safety standards.
Apply today to join our Mining team in Nevada!
- Oversee and help coordinate all safety and health aspects for employees and subcontractors onsite
- Ensure compliance with all MSHA/OSHA and state regulations
- Conducting and monitoring all aspects of HSE training
- Assist the Project Manager with incident investigations, site and regulatory agency inspections
- Maintain a good working relationship with project clients and customers
- Instruct employees in all required HSE activities including MSHA new miner and annual refresher training
- When required, be able to travel to other mining projects
- 4+ years practical experience in the Heavy Civil & Mining Industry, preferably in a Health & Safety capacity
- A thorough understanding and practical experience with MSHA regulations, documentation, and MSHA 30 CFR
- MSHA Instructors Certification required
- The ability to effectively communicate and present information to the hourly workforce, while also effectively interacting with project management staff, clients, and customers
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and computer skills
- The ability to provide a proactive approach to safety, to include identification of operational and organizational issues, as well as develop and implement strategies to solve them
- Experience in conducting Industrial Hygiene testing and sampling
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with clean abstract
- Project based location near Eureka, NV
- May have to work varying shifts
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast—as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Feb 5, 2021
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
51 South Main Street, Eureka, NV, United States