Position Summary & Duties: The Safety Coordinator is a 3-4 month contract position working for an Oil & Gas client in the Ada, OK area.
The successful Safety Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development of procedures for safety standards and best practices in a team environment through frequent interaction and open communication with managers, employees, subcontractors, and clients.
- Conducting and coordinating worker safety training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment for new and current employees.
- Safety Coordinator ensures compliance with CSST, SPS, OSHA, Plant NIOSH, customer, state, and local regulations; and supports safety efforts to continuously improve overall site safety culture.
- Working under the supervision of the Safety Director to conduct testing of air quality, noise, temperature, etc. to verify compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Safety Coordinator conducts interactive training to help field personnel acquire necessary skills/knowledge/certifications
- Investigating and documenting near miss and/or workers compensation incidents.
- Working with jobsite personnel and project teams to perform root-cause analysts, evaluate information, and implement corrective solutions.
Qualifications: Safety Coordinator Requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a safety coordinator or trainer in a well-structured industrial construction safety program
- TWIC Card desired
- Previous field construction experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations as they apply to construction
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement effective corrective measures
- Proficient in MS-based software including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Flexible working schedule to support project needs.
- Per diem will be paid for highly qualified Safety Coordinator candidates.
- [email protected]