Do you enjoy meeting new people? (at a safe 6 ft. distance, of course!)If you are proud of your City of Hartford, have a helpful disposition and enjoy being outdoors please apply. Block by Block is searching for the right candidates that can make a difference in their community!
If you are hardworking, dependable and kind, then we'd like to met you. This is a great job for someone that enjoys people! Would you like to be someone that others turn to when they are need of help?
This role provides a high level of visibility at the street level to carry out a wide variety of tasks SUCH as patrolling, being observant, and being a deterrent to crime and to improve the overall appearance of the service district they are assigned to. (In other words, be seen in uniform patrolling so that anyone that is up to no good will think twice.)
OBSERVE AND REPORT– while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behavior or activities and behaviors and report via two-way radios. Must be able to give an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers. Watch for people that are up to no good. People that plan to do harm to others or things around them.
· HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE –While on patrol will go out of the way to actively acknowledge and greet pedestrians and say "hello" with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations to restaurants, entertainment or local attractions. We go out of our way to say "hello "and be friendly so that everyone feels safe and welcome!
· REPORTING– must be able to provide written reports of broken infrastructure such as: broken light fixtures, tree wells, broken bricks or unsteady bricks on sidewalks, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
· PROFESSIONALISM– Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism. Block by Block Ambassadors take pride in our job and in what we represent. WE WANT YOU TO DO THE SAME.
· PHYSICAL ABILITIES–
· Must have the physical capacity to traverse continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break)
· Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided weather gear COMMUNICATION*– Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- Swing Shift
- Monday to Friday and Weekends
Block by Block has a strong culture of safety and provides all necessary personal protective equipment to work safely.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Bonus pay
Block by Block has a strong culture of safety and provides all the necessary protective equipment in order to keep everyone safely working.
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place